Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. View Our Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe. Make It With Prego® Italian Sauce Tonight Meatballs. Scrape out flesh with a fork (discarding skin), creating spaghetti-like strands.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Prepare 1 lb. of ground chicken.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs (and about 3/4 cup more breadcrumbs for rolling later).
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Italian seasonings.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 (26 ounce) of jar marinara sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of basil, torn (optional).
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Meatballs – Step by Step Photos First mix the dry ingredients for the meatballs. Mix lightly with a fork until just combined. Combine the ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, pepper and spices in a bowl. Use your hands to combine well.
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, egg, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper and red pepper. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Roll half of the meatballs in Panko breadcrumbs and brown them on each side in the oil. Add more oil if needed as you go. Remove from the pan and set aside. Wipe out any Panko breadcrumbs and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Roll the remaining meatballs in Panko breadcrumbs and brown on each side. Remove from pan..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour the marinara sauce in the oven-safe skillet(or any baking dish wii do) and place the meatballs on top of the sauce. Bake meatballs for 20 minutes sprinkling the mozzarella on top for the last 5 minutes of baking. Garnish with basil and serve over pasta..
They should be slightly bigger than a golf ball. Use your hands to gently mix ingredients until thoroughly combined but not packed down. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, parmesan, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and red pepper flakes. Carefully combine everything with your hands until the ingredients are evenly mixed. Form the ground chicken mixture into small meatballs, each the size of a golf ball.