Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing
- Prepare of medium heads of broccoli.
- You need of apple, cored and diced.
- You need of large carrot, peeled and grated.
- You need of roughly chopped pecans.
- It’s of pepitas (or sunflower seeds).
- Prepare of dried cranberries.
- It’s of mayo.
- Prepare of sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt).
- You need of freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided.
- You need of honey (or more to taste).
- You need of poppy seeds.
- You need of salt.
Broccoli and Apple Salad with a Honey Poppyseed Dressing instructions
- Start by soaking your diced apples in a mix of 1 cup water and 1 tbsp. lemon juice for 5 minutes. This will help prevent them from browning. Then drain them and place them in a large bowl..
- For the broccoli, you want to trim off the florets into small, bite sized pieces. Place them in the bowl with the apples, the grated carrot, the dried cranberries, walnuts and pepitas (or sunflower seeds). Toss it all together..
- Next, make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream (or yogurt), the remaining 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, honey, poppy seeds and salt. Taste and add either more lemon juice or more honey, to suit your taste..
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well to incorporate the dressing onto everything..
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving and refrigerate any leftovers. This will stay good for 2-3 days..