Yomogi (Japanese Mugwort) Steamed Bread with Pancake Mix.
You can have Yomogi (Japanese Mugwort) Steamed Bread with Pancake Mix using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yomogi (Japanese Mugwort) Steamed Bread with Pancake Mix
- Prepare of Pancake mix.
- Prepare of Yomogi flour.
- It’s of Egg.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Sugar.
- Prepare of approx. 50 – 75 grams Ama-natto.
Yomogi (Japanese Mugwort) Steamed Bread with Pancake Mix step by step
- Rehydrate the yomogi powder in a little water. Drain in a tea strainer. (The powder shown in the photo is before rehydrating.).
- Mix the egg, vegetable oil, milk, and sugar together well..
- Add the pancake mix and the drained powdered yomogi into the mixture from Step 2. Mix with a rubber spatula, but avoid kneading..
- Add ama-natto into the batter from Step 3. Leave some ama-natto to use for topping later..
- Pour the batter into molds. Align in a flat and large frying pan..
- Drop a few ama-natto on top..
- Topping with ama-natto is optional..
- Pour in approximately 1 cm of hot water and cover the pan. Steam for 12-14 minutes..
- Once they become full and fluffy, they're done..
- Note: You can use aluminum liners, silicone cups, and ramekins for the mold..
- Note: use a steamer if you own one..
- Note: If your pancake mix is 150 g per bag, then use 75 ml of milk instead..
- Note: For plain steamed bread and other variations, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145817-plain-steamed-bread-with-pancake-mix.