Grand daddy mac and cheese.
Ingredients of Grand daddy mac and cheese
- It’s of shallots, peeled.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, peeled.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of bacon slices, cooked, diced, reserve fat.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of heavy cream (2C heavy cream, 2C half&half).
- It’s of fresh thyme, chopped.
- It’s of pepper jack cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need of S&P.
- It’s of # penne pasta, cooked.
- You need of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need of butter, melted.
- You need of fresh parsley, chopped.
Grand daddy mac and cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place shallots and garlic in a small aluminum foil pouch and drizzle with olive oil. Roast 30 minutes until tender. Remove from foil and chop. In a large saute pan, reheat the reserved bacon fat over medium heat. Add the roasted shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Whisk in the heavy cream and thyme. Reduce by a third. Stir in the cheeses until melted, creamy and thickened. Season to taste with S&P..
- Remove from heat and gently stir in the pasta..
- Pour into a 9 X 13 casserole that is sprayed with cooking spray..
- In a small bowl, mix together diced bacon, breadcrumbs, butter and parsley. Top mac and cheese with Panko mixture and bake uncovered at same heat until bubbling and lightly browned on top, 20-25 minutes..
How to Prepare Tasty Grand daddy mac and cheese