Baghala ghatogh (Persian fava beans stew)#familyfriendly.
Ingredients of Baghala ghatogh (Persian fava beans stew)#familyfriendly
- Prepare 250 g of Fava beans (broad beans), shelled and peeled.
- Prepare 50 g of fresh or dried dill, finely chopped.
- You need 30 g of butter.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, grated.
- You need 2-3 of whole eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Oil.
Baghala ghatogh (Persian fava beans stew)#familyfriendly step by step
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté grated garlic for 1 minute..
- Add fava beans and sauté five minutes..
- Then, add chopped dill, turmeric, salt and pepper. Fry 2-3 minutes..
- Add 2 cups of water, bring it to a boil. Reduce heat, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes..
- In last 10 minutes, crack the eggs into the stew and cook until eggs are cooked. Baghala ghatogh can be served either with steamed rice or flat bread. Serve one whole poached egg on top of each serving dish..
- Hope you enjoy this healthy- easy and delicious beans stew..
- Fava beans.