Cherry & Chocolate Tart.
Ingredients of Cherry & Chocolate Tart
- You need 375 g of flaky pastry (1 pack / pre rolled).
- Prepare 400 g of cherries (stoned).
- It’s 400 g of stock syrup (200g sugar & 200g water).
- Prepare 250 g of mascarpone cheese.
- It’s 300 g of chocolate spread.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 4 sheets of (gelatine).
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon (juiced).
- You need 3 of star anise (optional).
- Prepare pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare of soured cream (something sharp, to complement the sweet tart).
- Prepare of for the garnish.
Cherry & Chocolate Tart step by step
- Blind bake the pastry @ 180C for 20min. Seal it with beaten egg..
- Mix the chocolate spread and mascarpone cheese until smooth and spread it onto the pastry for the bottom layer..
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil to create the stock syrup, then add the star anise and cinnamon. Turn the heat off. Then add the stoned cherries and leave to infuse for at least an hour..
- Once infused, strain, and place the cherries on top of the chocolate to create the middle layer..
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for 5 mins then squeeze excess water out and add gelatine to the syrup, reduce by 1/2. Add lemon juice, cool for 30mins then pour over the cherries. Allow to set..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or ice-cream.(It's quite sweet!).
Easiest Way to Make Perfect Cherry & Chocolate Tart