Matcha Pound Cake.
You can cook Matcha Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Matcha Pound Cake
- It’s 1/8 of slice, about 218 kcal About 1745 kcal for the whole cake.
- You need 110 grams of ◆ Cake flour.
- It’s 10 grams of ◆ Matcha.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ◆ Baking powder.
- Prepare 100 grams of Butter (unsalted).
- You need 100 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of Ama-natto.
Matcha Pound Cake step by step
- (Preparation) Bring the butter and eggs to room temperature. Sift the ◆ ingredients together. Pre-heat the oven to 340°F/170°C..
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until white, fluffy, and airy..
- Add the beaten eggs to the butter-sugar mixture in about 8 batches, mixing well between each addition. If you add it all at once it won't come together well and may separate..
- Add the sifted ◆ ingredients in about 2 batches, folding in with a rubber spatula each time until it's well incorporated..
- If you are putting in additions like ama-natto or boiled adzuki beans, add at this stage. I used 100 g of ama-natto..
- Line a pound cake mold with parchment paper. Add the batter and smooth out the surface. Drop the mold on the table several time to eliminate air bubbles..
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in a preheated oven. (If you make a slit in the top about 10 to 15 minutes into the baking time, it will split evenly.).
- If a bamboo skewer stuck in the middle comes out clean, the cake is done. Take it out of the mold and cool on a rack. When it has cooled down, wrap the cake in plastic wrap..
- The cake becomes moist and even better the next day onward. Store the cake at room temperature, and in the refrigerator during the summer. To freeze, cut into slices and wrap each slice in plastic wrap, then store in a bag..
- (Note 1) During the winter, if the butter remains hard and difficult to mix, you briefly microwave it to soften. Make sure it doesn't melt completely..
- (Note 2) If it looks like the surface is browning too fast while baking, cover with aluminum foil..