Ham and Potato Soup.
Ingredients of Ham and Potato Soup
- You need of ham.
- Prepare of whole onion, peeled.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- It’s of chopped onion.
- It’s of carrots sliced.
- It’s of celery sliced.
- It’s of red potatoes (1.5 in cubes, NOT peeled).
- Prepare of 2% milk.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of onion powder.
- You need of paprika.
- You need of dried parsley.
- It’s of real horseradish.
- It’s of Rough.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of flour.
Ham and Potato Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook ham for 1.5-2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes. Slice ham best you can leaving about 2 cups of meat on the bone..
- Place bone in a large stock pot, add in enough water until it covers the bone. Add 1 whole onion and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Take out ham bone and whole onion. Add in chopped onions, sliced carrots, and sliced celery. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add in potatoes, simmer for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. To help break up potatoes smash is the back of a large spoon or whisk..
- Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and real horseradish..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat. Add in flour and stir constantly until consistency of wet sand..
- Once the soup comes back to a low boil, whisk in rough. Mix occasionally for the next 10 minutes and enjoy!.
Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Ham and Potato Soup