Not Your Average Turkey Burger.
Ingredients of Not Your Average Turkey Burger
- Prepare of burgers.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of carrot, fine dice.
- Prepare 1 of rib celery, fine dice.
- You need 1/4 medium of onion, fine dice.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh thyme or 1/3 tsp. dried thyme.
- It’s 1 dash of pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of salt (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of lean ground turkey.
- You need of toppings (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot (or your favorite hot sauce).
- Prepare 1 of blue cheese crumbles.
- You need 1 medium of avocado (smashed).
- It’s 1 of butter lettuce.
Not Your Average Turkey Burger step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil..
- Add diced carrot, celery, onion and thyme to skillet. Saute about 3-4 minutes, until veggies begin to soften. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Transfer to bowl and chill in refrigerator, about 10 minutes..
- Once cool to touch, add ground turkey, pepper and salt (optional). Mix well and form 5 or 6 patties. Mixture will be soft so try making patties on a piece of plastic wrap or a plate sprayed with non-stick spray..
- Reheat skillet over medium heat and add remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add patties to skillet (2 at a time), flipping when a nice golden brown color forms (about 5 or 6 minutes on each side). Place burgers in oven..
- While burgers are cooking, heat small skillet over medium low heat and add Frank's Red Hot. You can also toast your favorite style hamburger bun (I like to use outdoor hamburger buns or potato buns). When Frank's Red hot is fully heated add 2 tbsp butter..
- Once all burgers are cooked, start your building. I like to start with smashed avocado, add a piece of butter lettuce, your burger, a handful of blue cheese crumbles and the heated Frank's Red Hot. Enjoy!!.
Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Not Your Average Turkey Burger