Easy Vegan Cornbread. In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, and sugar. Whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a liquid measuring cup. Melt the coconut oil, then pour both the almond milk and coconut oil into the dry ingredients.
Ingredients of Easy Vegan Cornbread
- You need 160 g of flour.
- You need 160 g of yellow cornmeal.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of (To taste) black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 75 g of oil (I used 50g olive oil and 25g sunflower oil).
- Prepare 400 ml of soy milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vinegar or lemon juice.
Feel free to use fresh, frozen thawed, or canned and drained corn. Cornbread is great topped with butter spread, peanut or almond butter, strawberry jam, or even coconut butter. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour into greased casserole or baking dish.
Easy Vegan Cornbread step by step
- Combine milk and lemon in a mug. Let sit for 5-10 min until it curdles and becomes buttermilk..
- Meanwhile, whisk dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, baking powder)..
- Pour in wet ingredients (vegan buttermilk and soy milk). Whisk until combined..
- Bake for 20-25 min in a 180°C/350°F oven. Enjoy :).
To make The Easiest (and most delicious) Vegan Cornbread: Add everything (except for the corn kernels if you are using them) to a bowl. If you are adding corn kernels, add those in now, and give two or three more stirs to mix them in. Dry: In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt together. Mix: When the oven is ready – pour the wet. Whisk the apple cider vinegar and soy milk together vigorously and set it aside.