Ingredients of Pink Mojito
- Prepare 1 bunch of Mint leaves.
- You need 2 of Limes.
- You need 40 ml of White rum (Bacardi or equivalent).
- You need 2 tsp of Brown sugar or syrup.
- It’s of Crushed ice.
- Prepare 60 ml of Cranberry juice.
- You need 60 ml of Club soda.
- Prepare 1 of Muddler.
- Prepare 2 of Straws.
Pink Mojito step by step
- Quarter your lime into wedges and squeeze generously into a sturdy cocktail glass (you don't need to bother with squeezing them if you have a good muddler). Do not discard the lime husks; leave them in the glass..
- Add the brown sugar and roughly torn mint leaves; don't over tear them. Press down on the mixture lightly with a muddler and give a few gentle twists. If you didn't squeeze the lime wedges you should see juice squirting out from the flesh. You only want the mint to release a little of its flavour; don't press to hard because they will release too much chlorophyll and ruin your cocktail with excessive bitterness..
- Add an (optional) splash of cranberry juice if you want it pink, a dash of rum, and give it a bit of a stir. Don't worry too much about the sugar dissolving completely, a little granularity adds texture to the drink..
- Finish off with plenty of crushed ice (if you can make it) and the club soda to the brim. Finish with two straws. Put an extra lime wedge on the edge of the glass for flair..
Recipe: Yummy Pink Mojito