Fluffy Green Tea Chiffon Cake.
You can cook Fluffy Green Tea Chiffon Cake using 10 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fluffy Green Tea Chiffon Cake
- Prepare of Egg yolks.
- You need of Sugar.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Refined green tea.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Baking powder.
- You need of Ama-natto.
- Prepare of Egg whites.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Lemon juice.
Fluffy Green Tea Chiffon Cake instructions
- Grind the tea leaves with a mortar and pestle..
- Run through a sifter..
- Heat 60 ml of water in a small pot. Turn off the heat just before it begins to boil and add the tea powder..
- Strain through a tea strainer and set aside 40 ml of the tea..
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Chill the egg whites in the refrigerator for 15~20 minutes. If you do this, you can make a strong meringue..
- Beat the egg yolks with a whisk. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the liquid tea and vegetable oil and mix well..
- Add the sifted tea powder and mix well..
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the bowl. Use a whisk to quickly mix it together until no longer powdery..
- Add the ama-natto and mix well..
- Add the chilled egg whites, 1/3 of the sugar, and lemon juice and mix with an electric mixer until it begins to form soft peaks and the mixture does not come out when the bowl is flipped over..
- Why add the lemon juice to the egg whites? This helps to get the egg whites to foam up high. The egg whites are alkaline, so by adjusting the pH with lemon juice, it helps it foam up higher..
- Add 1/3 of the thickened meringue to the egg yolk batter and use a whisk to quickly mix it together until smooth..
- Return this mixture to the remaining meringue and gently mix with a rubber spatula by scooping it up from the bottom while turning the bowl. Do this until you can no longer see the meringue..
- The completed batter is fluffy. It's perfect if it doesn't easily slide off the spatula when you lift it..
- Transfer the batter to the cake pan. Do not oil the pan..
- Stir with cooking chopsticks while turning to break up air holes in the batter..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 40-45 minutes..
- Once baked, flip upside down over a glass bottle to cool..
- Remove from the pan and enjoy!.
- I used this tea..
- It's so delicious! It's fluffy and melts in your mouth. It's even better than what they serve in cafes!.