Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
Ingredients of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Prepare of ingredients.
- Prepare of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- It’s of onion, finely diced (I cut this back to 1/2 cup).
- You need of butter, divided.
- It’s of all-purpose flour.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese. (You can substitute Velvetta if you'd like).
- Prepare of dry mustard.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of dry bread crumbs (I use panko).
Baked Macaroni and Cheese instructions
- On stovetop, Cook macaroni according to package directions to al dente. ALSO, preheat oven to 350°F..
- Meanwhile, in sauce pan, saute onion in 1/2 cup butter. Once butter is melted, wisk in flour. Cook on low heat until a light golden brown, making a roux. (I omitted the onion completely this time, just to experiment).
- Gradually add the milk, bring to a low boil. Stir constantly until thickened. About 5 minutes on a med/low..
- Add dry mustard, salt, pepper and cheese, stir until cheese is melted, and sauce is smooth. Mix cooked macaroni in..
- In a greased 9×13 inch pan, pour the macaroni and cheese in. In separate bowl, mix bread crumbs with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle evenly on top. Place uncovered in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly..
- I finished it off by placing under broiler for a couple of minutes to lightly brown the panko bread crumbs. WATCH CAREFULLY! Or you'll have burned bread crumbs!.
- ***Got from taste of home***.
Easiest Way to Make Delicious Baked Macaroni and Cheese