My way stuffed peppers.
Ingredients of My way stuffed peppers
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 6 of large bell peppers (tops and core removed).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- It’s 1/4 of chopped onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of gloves minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of prego sauce (optional).
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese (your fav) I used mixed parmesan n cheddar.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need Pinch of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of dry sherry (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
My way stuffed peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 400° In a sauce pan on medium heat add olive and onions. Saute until onions are translucent..
- Next add tomato paste, tomatoes, garlic and stir for about 2mins. Then add ground turkey. (Use wooden spoon to crush turkey) Add all powdered seasonings, dry sherry and stir. Cook for 6mins or until turkey is no longer pinkish..
- Add cooked rice and prego sauce, stir and then cover to simmer for 5mins or until liquid is dried out.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the core. Place them in 9" baking dish and drizzle olive oil over them..
- Spoon in turkey mixture in each peppers, add prego sauce (optional), cover and bake for 35 mins..
- After 35 mins remove cover add cheese and bake for 10mins or until cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle dried parsley, Serve and enjoy 😉.
How to Make Yummy My way stuffed peppers