Ingredients of Curry oxtail
- It’s 3 lb of oxtail.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of jamaican curry.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 can of butter beans (lima beans) you can use white kidney beans too.
- You need 4 tbsp of shredded carrot.
- You need 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 2 of onions sliced.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hot pepper sauce ( scotch bonnet sauce ).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Curry oxtail instructions
- Wash the ox tail in some water and then drain and add it to a large bowl that has a lid.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil 2 tbsp of curry powder the chopped garlic salt and pepper to the ox tail and massage it in the meat.
- Add the slice onions on top and cover for at least a few hours before cooking ..I myself leave over night.
- Take a deep frying pan and add 2 tbs oil and wait till it heats up and brown the ox tail removing the onions first.
- Once the ox tail is nicely browned add 1 cup of water thyme onions hot sauce ketchup worcestershire sauce and mix all together and cook 4-6 minutes.
- Add the ox tail and sauce mixture to a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water 1 tbs of curry and mix once again cover and pressure cook for 40 minutes ( I always start my pressure cooker on high heat until it starts to build its pressure and make noise then turn it down to medium heat and time it for 40 minutes ).
- Once the time is up wait for your pressure to go down before opening ( I just put the pot under some cold water for a minute ) then continue cooking adding the coconut milk shredded carrots and lima beans with the lid off until your liquid becomes more like gravy and serve over white rice.
- (tip)>> you can always add a pinch of garlic powder and sprinkle salt n pepper for a little more kick even more hot sauce if you like it more Spicey but keep in mind the more it sits the more the hot sauce will come out in it so careful !.
Recipe: Yummy Curry oxtail