Sweet Potato and Spinach soup.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Spinach soup
- Prepare 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- It’s 3 medium of red potatoes.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- It’s 1 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of diced celery.
- You need 1 small of avocado.
- You need 1 cup of low fat sour cream.
- You need 1 can of nonfat evaporated milk.
- You need 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of splenda or other nonsugar sweetener.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- It’s 1 can of spinach (or fresh or frozen spinach).
Sweet Potato and Spinach soup step by step
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Add to crockpot and cover with water..
- Add bouillon cubes..
- Peel and dice red potatoes and carrots and add to pot..
- Dice celery and onion. Add to pot. Add water to cover..
- Add evaporated milk, thyme, basil and nutmeg..
- Drain and rinse canned spinach. If using fresh, then shred leaves. Add to pot..
- Mash avocado and add to sour cream. Stir to blend and add to pot..
- Add cinnamon to sugar substitute, mix and add to pot..
- Add water if needed to cover ingredients. Cook on high for ~3 hours or until vegetables are done. Remove from heat..
- Use a blender or food processor to puree soup into a creamy blend. Serve garnished with a touch of nutmeg or a cinnamon stick..
Recipe: Yummy Sweet Potato and Spinach soup