Chickpeas With Egg and Salted Cod.
Ingredients of Chickpeas With Egg and Salted Cod
- Prepare 1 jar of cooked chickpeas (approx 540g).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 pieces of Salted cod, (desalted).
- Prepare 1 of small or medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Drizzle of white wine Vinegar.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- It’s as needed of Water.
- You need Handful of pitted olives (optional).
Chickpeas With Egg and Salted Cod step by step
- Boil the eggs in a small saucepan until cooked through..
- In another saucepan, fill with water, bring to boiling point. Add the cod and cook through for about 5-10 minutes. Once done remove and set aside..
- Using the same water used to cook the cod add the chickpeas and cook for about 5 minutes, literally just to warm them through so that they are hot..
- Debone the cod and shred using your fingers..
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander and then peel the eggs and slice as finely as you can..
- Using a large bowl or even plate, transfer the chickpeas. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar. Mix well and taste. Adjust seasoning if needs be..
- Top with onions, shredded cod, sliced eggs and if using olives. Season with a little bit of black pepper..
- Serve immediately with a salad of choice..