Mini caramel apple tarts.
Ingredients of Mini caramel apple tarts
- It’s 3 of apples.
- Prepare of sugar(200 g).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon, juiced.
- It’s 1 sheet of puff pastry.
Mini caramel apple tarts instructions
- To begin, peel, halve, and core your apples (melon ballers make a good tool for coring halved apples). You’ll need one apple for every two tarts..
- In a medium sauce pan, about 3 quarts (1 liter), slowly heat sugar. You’ll want to stir frequently until it dissolves into a brown syrup. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter into the sugar, stirring frequently. Add a dash of salt and the juice from ½ lemon..
- Lower the heat as low as it will go and add your apple halves. Toss to coat with caramel and let simmer 5–10 minutes until tender, flipping once..
- Cut puff pastry into circles to fit just within the top of your muffin tin..
- Place apple halves curve-side down in a large muffin tin. Pour remaining caramel over each apple half. Top with a circle of puff pastry to fit just inside the muffin tin..
- Bake 14–20 minutes at 450°F (230°C). Invert muffin pan onto baking sheet immediately. Serve with vanilla ice cream..
Recipe: Yummy Mini caramel apple tarts