Simmered Meat and Potato (Nikujaga).
You can cook Simmered Meat and Potato (Nikujaga) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simmered Meat and Potato (Nikujaga)
- Prepare 4-5 of potatoes (approx. 500 g).
- Prepare 3 of onions.
- Prepare 200 g of thinly sliced pork or beef (if any, otherwise minced pork).
- It’s 200 g of shirataki (konnyaku noodles).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 6 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
Simmered Meat and Potato (Nikujaga) instructions
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks. Cut the onions into wedges. And cut the carrot into random pieces. Boil the konnyaku noodles for about 5 minutes and drain water. Cut them into bite-length..
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the carrot and the potatoes and keep frying. Put the meat and the konnyaku noodles over them. Add the soy sauce and the sugar. Then, cover with a lid. Don't mix them now..
- Turn down the heat to medium-low heat and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid. 15 minutes later, open the lid and mix all ingredients in the pot..
- Simmer with the lid again for 8 ~ 10 minutes over medium-low heat until the potatoes are cooked. Open the lid and add some butter..