Hands off spaghetti and meatballs. Place meatballs on top of pasta in dish. We kept this dish supersimple, paring it down to the basics to deliver the nostalgic, satisfying meal of our childhoods. An easy combination of ground beef, store-bought pesto, and panko bread crumbs yielded meatballs with tons of flavor.
Ingredients of Hands off spaghetti and meatballs
- You need 12 oz of spaghetti, broken in half.
- You need 1 Jar of marinara sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of water, plus extra hot water as needed.
- It’s 1 pound of 90% lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of prepared basil pesto.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper, to taste.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and stir in the spaghetti. Serve the meatballs and sauce over the cooked spaghetti. Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Using tongs, transfer to pot with sauce.
Hands off spaghetti and meatballs instructions
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Spray 13 ×9 in baking dish with vegetable oil spray. Spread pasta into prepared dish. Pour marinara sauce and water over pasta and toss gently with tobgs to coat evenly..
- Using hands, combine beef,panko, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 Teaspoon pepper in bowl until well combined. Pinch off and roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs (about 15 meatballs). Place meatballs on top of pasta in dish. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove dish from oven and stir pasta thoroughly, scraping sides and bottom of dish. Return uncovered dish to oven and continue to bake until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened,5 to 8 minutes..
- Remove dish from oven. Toss to coat pasta and meatballs with sauce, adjusting sauce consistently with extra hot water as needed. Let cool for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with basil, and serve with parmesan cheese..
Gently stir, adding pasta cooking liquid by the tablespoonful. Break up spaghetti and add to the pot along with salt, pepper, basil and oregano. How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs: Cook pasta according to package instructions until aldente (or to desired doneness), drain and return to the empty pot. Pour sauce and meatballs over spaghetti and toss gently to combine. To serve family-style, transfer to a large platter, garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh basil and serve hot.