Colourful risotto with scampi.
Ingredients of Colourful risotto with scampi
- Prepare 150 g of risotto rice.
- You need 18 of scampi (or more).
- You need 500 mL of chicken stock (or vegetable).
- You need 3 of medium sized carrots.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 of sjalot or 1/2 onion.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 35 g of tomato paste.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of anchovy fillet (in oil).
- You need 0.1 g of saffron.
- You need of Chili flakes.
- You need of Cayenne pepper.
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 75 g of (frozen) peas.
Colourful risotto with scampi instructions
- Dice the carrots and bell pepper. Shred the sjalot, mince the garlic and cut the anchovy filets in small strips..
- Put olive oil in a deep pan and add the scampi's. Feel free to add some extra garlic!.
- Let the scampi release their flavour and when almost ready take them out of the pan..
- Add the anchovy to the remaining oil in the pan. Stir until the filets have desintegrated in the oil..
- Put your diced sjalot in the oil and flavor with some chili flakes and part of the minced garlic. Stir until the sjalot becomes translucent..
- Add the carrots to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the bell pepper and let it sit for another 2 minutes..
- Shortly cook the risotto rice with the vegetables until translucent..
- Add the chicken stock and tomato paste to the pan. Season with saffron and cayenne pepper..
- Stir frequently and add water when necessary..
- If the rice is almost ready, add the scampi and cook for another 2 minutes..
- (Optional) At this moment, I like to add peas to add some colour to the dish..
- When the water has almost evaporated, turn up the heat to get a delicious crust at the bottom of the pan..
- Put on your plate and enjoy!.
Recipe: Perfect Colourful risotto with scampi