Babi chin – Indonesian style braised pork belly.
You can cook Babi chin – Indonesian style braised pork belly using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Babi chin – Indonesian style braised pork belly
- It’s of pork belly slices cut in cubes.
- It’s of shallots.
- Prepare of garlic.
- It’s of dark soy sauce.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of kecap manis – available at most Asian supermarkets.
- You need of soft brown sugar.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of all spice.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of water.
Babi chin – Indonesian style braised pork belly step by step
- In a wok or large frying pan heat your vegetable oil, add your shallots and let soften. In the meantime, chop your garlic and crush with some salt to a paste. Add to your shallots and let cook..
- When these have browned, take off the head and add your sugar, all spice and stir. Bring back to the heat and add your sauces, your pork and coat in the delicious mixture. Cover with the water and bring to a boil. Once the pork has reached the boil, bring down to a simmer and let cook until reduced to a sticky sauce. This will take approximately 1 hr. I served with sticky rice and choi sum, both topped with the crispy seasoning..