Starters – Spring Rolls and Dipping Sauce.
You can have Starters – Spring Rolls and Dipping Sauce using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Starters – Spring Rolls and Dipping Sauce
- It’s of groundnut oil (peanut).
- Prepare of sesame oil.
- Prepare of garlic clove, crushed.
- Prepare of fresh red chili, seeded and finely sliced.
- It’s of pack of fresh stirfry vegetables (you can use your own vegetables of course).
- It’s of ease of fresh root ginger grated.
- Prepare of dry sherry or rice wine.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of fresh pressed crabmeat (both brown and white meat).
- Prepare of spring roll wrappers.
- Prepare of small ad, beaten.
- Prepare of I also deep frying.
- You need of Salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s of Lime wedges and fresh coriander to garnish.
- You need of Indonesian sambal – see note above.
Starters – Spring Rolls and Dipping Sauce instructions
- Heat a wok briefly, then add the peanut oil and sesame oil. When hot, stir-fry the crushed garlic and chili for 1 minute. Do not stirfry the garlic too long or it will become bitter. Add the vegetables and ginger and stirfry for 1 minute more, then drizzle over sherry or rice wine and soy sauce. Allow the mixture to bubble for up to 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a dish. Set this aside until cool, then stir in the crabmeat and season with salt and pepper.
- Soften the spring roll wrappers, following the directions on the packet. Place some of the filling on a wrapper fold over the front edge and the sides, then roll up neatly sealing the edges with a little beaten egg. Repeat this with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat the oil in the wok and then fried spring rolls in batches turning several times, until browned and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper and keep hot while frying the remainder. Serve at once garnish with lime wedges and coriander with the dipping sauce.