Cauli "Cream" Corn Chowder.
Ingredients of Cauli "Cream" Corn Chowder
- You need of Cauli-cream base.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Lemon juice (2 lemons).
- Prepare of Salt, divided.
- It’s of Cauliflower, trimmed, cored, cut into florets.
- It’s of Chowder ingredients.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Diced celery & onions.
- Prepare of Chopped Thyme leaves.
- It’s of Butter potatoes, diced.
- Prepare of (16 oz) frozen Tex-Mex vegetable blend.
- Prepare of Cauli-cream base (see above).
- You need of Vegetable broth.
Cauli "Cream" Corn Chowder instructions
- CAULI-CREAM BASE:.
- Cauli Cream directions: Heat water, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt in a large pot on HIGH. Bring to boil; add cauliflower. Return to simmer; stir. Reduce heat to MED-LOW; simmer, 20 minutes, until fork tender. Transfer cauliflower to colander; (reserve 1/4 cup cooking water); let drain 10 minutes..
- Add reserve cooking water, half the cauliflower and 1 teaspoon salt to blender; purée until smooth. Remove 2/3 of purée from blender; add remaining cauliflower to blender. Purée until smooth; combine batches..
- CHOWDER STEPS:.
- ADD 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 (7oz) container diced celery & onions, and 1 Tbsp chopped Thyme leaves to stockpot. Heat on MED; cook, about 5 minutes, until softened, but not browned..
- ADD 3 cups peeled, diced butter potatoes; cook 3 minutes. Add 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen Tex-Mex vegetable blend, 4 cups Cauli 'cream' and 1 (32oz) vegetable broth to stockpot. Stir to combine..
- BRING to simmer. Cook, 20-25 minutes, stirring often, until potatoes are tender..
- REMOVE from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into warm bowls; garnish with chopped Italian parsley..