Tart Cherry Baked Oatmeal.
Ingredients of Tart Cherry Baked Oatmeal
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 12 oz of walnut milk, or milk of choice.
- You need 2 oz of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 oz of butter, melted.
- You need 1 t of vanilla bean paste or extract.
- Prepare 1/4 t of fine sea salt.
- It’s 1 t of baking powder.
- Prepare of Sprinkle of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 c of rolled oats (8.5oz / 240g).
- It’s 1 can of pitted tart cherries.
- Prepare 32 g of vanilla sugar.
Tart Cherry Baked Oatmeal step by step
- Simmer cherries and vanilla sugar until reduced to very little liquid and beginning to darken in color.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs then combine all of the other ingredients except the oats. Then, stir in the oats thoroughly..
- Into a greased 8×8" baking dish, scoop half of the oat mixture then top with cooked cherries.
- Top with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes, until slightly puffed and edges are beginning to turn golden. The center should be set and no longer liquid-y..