Caramel Apple Scones.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Scones
- You need of Scones: 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for later.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 stick of plus 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- It’s 2 of apples (your choice) cored and cut into 1/2- to 3/4 inch cubes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of caramel cubes.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s of Glaze: 2 Tbsp heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of melted caramel.
Caramel Apple Scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- To make scones: In a big bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Add butter and use your hands to rub into the flour mixture slightly, still leaving it in chunks. (Thick dime- to quarter-size pieces..
- Gently mix in the apples and caramel. (I prefer my hands).
- Gradually add the buttermilk while very lightly folding the dough with your hands. Mix until just combined, turn out the dough onto a flour-covered surface, and pat into a circle 1 to 1 1/2 inched thick. Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place them a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet..
- To glaze the scones: Brush the tops of the scones with the melted caramel and cream. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the cones..
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and stick a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool and a rack..
Recipe: Appetizing Caramel Apple Scones