Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia).
You can have Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia)
- Prepare of beef, diced.
- It’s of lemongrass.
- It’s of ginger, crushed.
- You need of galangal.
- It’s of kaffir lime leaves (try to use the fresh one, but if you can't you can use the bottled one more less around 1 – 2 tbs).
- Prepare of bay leaves (try to use the fresh one, but if you can't find any, use the dried one also fine).
- It’s of rice flour.
- You need of water.
- You need of birdeye chillies (less or none if you don't like spicy food).
- It’s of shallots.
- Prepare of garlic.
- It’s of ground corriander.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- You need of turmeric.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of white pepper.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of cooking oil.
Sate Padang (Beef Satay from Padang, Indonesia) step by step
- Make a puree from shallots, garlic, ground cumin and ground coriander.
- Mix the spice puree and the diced beef, marinate for minimum 30 minutes, overnight is better.
- In the cooking pan, heat the cooking oil, then add the marinated beef, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, crushed ginger, and crushed galangal.
- Add 250 ml water, and let it boil.
- Take all the beef, save aside, throw away the leaves, ginger, and galangal.
- Mix the rice flour with the other 250ml water, then add to the soup, mix until thick, simmer it with a small fire..
- Put the beef at the skewers, do it with all the beef, then apply the cooking oil (I use vegetable oil) to the beef.
- If you use the grill, grilled the beef until become brown. If you use oven, bake it at 150° Celcius for 20 minutes, don't forget to flip the skewers in the middle of baking, to get all brown beef.
- Serve it with rice cake, and pour the soup at the top of the skewers.