Poached salmon and arugula with creamy tarragon dressing.
Ingredients of Poached salmon and arugula with creamy tarragon dressing
- Prepare of onion, sliced.
- You need of celery stick, chopped.
- You need of lemon, zested and sliced into rings.
- It’s of apple cider vinegar.
- You need of bay leaf.
- It’s of star anise.
- It’s of Italian parsley.
- It’s of black peppercorn.
- Prepare of dry white wine.
- It’s of side of salmon, deboned and skin-on.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of shallot minced.
- Prepare of garlic clove, minced.
- It’s of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of chopped fresh tarragon.
- It’s of I bag prewashed baby arugula.
- You need of whole milk.
- Prepare of Capers.
Poached salmon and arugula with creamy tarragon dressing instructions
- Add the first 8 ingredients plus a tablespoon of salt to a pot wide enough to comfortably fit the salmon. Add 2 cups of wine and enough water so that the fish will be submerged when put in. Turn the heat on high and bring to a boil..
- Carefully lay the salmon into the pot, skin-side down. Turn the heat down to medium-high and let poach for 7 to 8 minutes, then take the pot off the heat. While you wait for the salmon to cool, make the dressing..
- Add the butter to a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Once melted, add the shallots and garlic. Let sweat for 2 minutes..
- Add the remaining cup of wine to the saucepan. Allow to simmer until there's only 2 tbsp of liquid remaining. Take off the heat and let cool to just above room temperature..
- In a bowl, stir together the lemon zest, mayonnaise, shallot mixture, tarragon, milk and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve..
- Once the salmon has cooled to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to cool further..
- To serve, carefully peel the skin off the chilled salmon. Scrape off any brown bits from the fish. Use a fork to break the salmon into chunks and add it to a large bowl with the arugula. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and toss. Plate the salmon and arugula, spoon over some dressing and add a sprinkle of capers..
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Poached salmon and arugula with creamy tarragon dressing