Tongseng Kambing – Javanese Sweet Soy Sauce Lamb Stew.
You can have Tongseng Kambing – Javanese Sweet Soy Sauce Lamb Stew using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tongseng Kambing – Javanese Sweet Soy Sauce Lamb Stew
- You need of lamb for stew, cut into chunks of bite – I use lamb neck fillet.
- It’s of cooking oil.
- You need of water.
- You need of coconut cream.
- It’s of cabbage leaves, shredded.
- It’s of large tomatoes, cut into quarters.
- Prepare of lemongrass, bruised.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- You need of kaffir lime leaves, tear of leaves to release the flavor.
- You need of sweet soy sauce or more as desires.
- Prepare of salt or more.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of Spice Paste :.
- Prepare of shallots.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of thumb size ginger.
- It’s of thumb size galangal.
- Prepare of thumb size turmeric or 2tsp turmeric powder.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- You need of curry powder.
- Prepare of ground white pepper.
Tongseng Kambing – Javanese Sweet Soy Sauce Lamb Stew instructions
- Grind all the Spice Paste ingredients using a food processor. Pu a bit of oil to loosen the texture. Put a side..
- Preheat oil in a pot. When it’s hot, add the spice paste mixture and sauté for about 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add lemongrass, bay leaves and kaffir lime leaves for another 3 minutes. Add the lamb followed by sweet soy sauce, salt, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to let it simmer until the lamb is tender..
- When the lamb is tender, add tomato pieces and shredded cabbage. Stir in coconut cream. Make sure the heat is on low. Cook until tomato and cabbage are soften but not mushy. Have a taste and add more sweet soy sauce and/or salt as needed. The stew is more at the sweet side..
- Garnish the tongseng with crispy fried shallots and chopped spring onions. Serve with a bowl of rice..