Lauren's Chicken Stroganoff.
Ingredients of Lauren's Chicken Stroganoff
- It’s 3-4 of skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 8 oz of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 1-2 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken soup base or broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of stone ground mustard.
- It’s 1/3 cup of light sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried or fresh parsley.
Lauren's Chicken Stroganoff step by step
- Wash then pat dry chicken thighs with a paper towel. Take out excess fat from chicken Slice chicken into strips. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Place a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, then add oil. When oil sizzles, add chicken to the pan in a single layer and brown both sides ; about 3-4 minutes per side……………
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside..
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat, add in mushroom,onions, bell pepper, garlic, thyme and bay leaf. Cook stirring for about 3-5 minutes or until onions are softened and translucent. Sprinkle in cornstarch and cook for another minute stirring frequently to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat to low and whisk in the chicken broth slowly, deglazing the pan by scraping off all the bits on the sides and bottom of the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes..
- Once the mixture has thickened, stir in the Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Dijon mustard and sour cream. Stir until evenly combined and aromatic, about a minute. Adjust salt and pepper to taste..
- Return chicken to the skillet including all the juice on the plate of chicken. simmer again for 2-3 minutes then take pan off heat..
- Sprinkle Stroganoff with fresh chopped parsley and serve over egg noodles..
Easiest Way to Make Delicious Lauren's Chicken Stroganoff