taisen's meatball sub.
Ingredients of taisen's meatball sub
- Prepare 1 of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1 of frozen meatballs.
- You need 1 of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of italian seasoning.
- You need 1 of onion if desired.
- It’s 1 of Portobello mushrooms if desired.
- You need 1 of provolone cheese.
- You need 1 of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of sub rolls.
- You need 1 of butter.
- It’s 1 of add any condiment or extra topping if you like.
taisen's meatball sub instructions
- in a saucepan add in sauce, meatballs and spices. if using onion you can peel rince and dice and add in. you can also add in mushrooms if you want.
- if you prefer like I did I sliced my mushrooms and fried them in old bay , garlic and butter.
- let the meatballs simmer on about medium for 20 to 30 mins stirring often.
- turn the heat down to low and let simmer a little longer still checking and stirring occasionally.
- if you want to toast the sub roll do so in the oven.
- when the meatballs are fully hot in the middle get your rolls onto plates.
- open the roll. put provolone cheese down on both sides. if you fried mushrooms put those on top of the cheese. then put mozzarella cheese over that on both sides.
- take the meatballs and sauce and cover the cheese. the cheese will melt..
- add any topping or condiment or none. your choice..
- serve hot and enjoy.