Apple and Cinnamon Crumble.
Ingredients of Apple and Cinnamon Crumble
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 11 tablespoon of unsalted butter, softened and diced.
- You need 1 of heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter, softened and diced.
- You need of Heavy cream, to serve(optional).
- It’s 8-10 of apples, peeled, cored, and diced into ¾ inches(2cm) pieces.
- It’s 2 of heaping tablespoon light brown sugar.
- It’s 9 of inch(23cm) ovenproof dish, about 3 inch(7.5cm) deep.
Apple and Cinnamon Crumble step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs, making sure you leave a few small lumps of butter..
- For the filling, place the apple pieces in the ovenproof dish. Scatter with the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Toss well to combine. Gently pack the filling into the dish..
- Dot the filling with butter, then spoon the flour topping over and spread it out gently. Lightly shake the dish to help settle the topping into an even layer..
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the filling is soft when pierced with a sharp knife. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm with cream, if desired. You can store this, covered, up for 3 days in the fridge..