Baked Curry Mac and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli.
Ingredients of Baked Curry Mac and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli
- It’s 1 of Cooking Spray.
- It’s 6 oz of Uncooked Pasta (your favorite short noodle).
- Prepare 1/4 of Salt (to flavor pasta water).
- You need 6 oz of Broccoli raw.
- It’s 1 tsp of Butter, light.
- You need 1/2 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs.
- It’s 5 tbsp of Grated Parmesan Cheese (divided).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Milk, skilm.
- You need 1/3 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese, fat free.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of chicken (cooked, shredded or cubed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, fat free (optional topping, doesn't change smartpoints value).
Baked Curry Mac and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli instructions
- Cook Pasta according to instructions. Add broccoli 3 minutes before Pasta is finished. Drain and return to pot..
- In medium saucepan melt butter over medium. Add breadcrumbs, stir frequently until golden brown. Transfer to small bowl and mix with 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese..
- Preheat oven to 375. Coat 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large saucepan whisk milk, curry powder and flour together. Bring to boil, whisk frequently. Reduce heat and simmer on low for about 2 minutes..
- Remove from heat and whisk with cheddar cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over noodles, broccoli and chicken. Stir until well coated..
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, top with shredded cheddar cheese and then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are bubbly.
Recipe: Perfect Baked Curry Mac and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli