Balinese paste for seafood.
You can have Balinese paste for seafood using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Balinese paste for seafood
- Prepare 450 g of large red cillies.
- You need 50 g of garlic.
- You need 225 g of shallots.
- You need 175 g of turmenic.
- It’s 100 g of ginger.
- You need 125 g of candlenuts.
- You need 200 g of tomatoes.
- You need 2 of Tbsp coriander seeds crushed.
- Prepare 2 of Tbsp Dried prawn (shrimp) paste.
- Prepare 150 ml of coconut oil.
- You need 2,5 of Tbsp tamarind pulp.
- It’s 3 of Salam leaves.
- It’s 2 of stalks lemon grass.
- Prepare 0,75 of Tbsp salt.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
Balinese paste for seafood instructions
- Combine all ingredients except tamarind pulp, salam leaves, lemon grass, salt and water in a stone mortar or food processor and grind coarsely..
- Place ground ingredients in a heavy saucepan, add remaining ingredients and simmer over medium heat for ~1 hour or until water is evaporated and paste takes on a golden colour. Cool before using or storing in the refrigerator..