Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip. DIRECTIONS In a bowl mash the blue cheese with the buttermilk until the mixture resembles large-curd cottage cheese. Add in sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt; mix until well blended. Season with black pepper to taste.
Ingredients of Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip
- It’s 4 oz of blue cheese, I use Gorgonzola, crumbled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of seasoned rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
Combine all ingredients, but don't smooth out the chunks of blue cheese. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir until well blended and creamy. Use the back of a spoon to press some of the blue cheese crumbles into the sauce for even more flavor. The dressing will be thick, which makes it perfect for dips.
Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip instructions
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients EXCEPT blue cheese, whisk until well combined. Fold in blue cheeese. Store in refigerator..
COMBINE about ¼ cup of yogurt and all of blue cheese in small bowl; mash with fork into lumpy paste. Add remaining yogurt, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and mustard. Sprinkle with salt and mash into puree with blade of knife held sideways. Add garlic, black pepper, dry mustard, salt, sugar, cayenne, and Worcestershire sauce. Blue cheese is an acquired taste, it's basically cheese with veins of blue mold.