Mumbai Street Style Ragda Pattice. Ragda Pattice is a ever-popular snack served piping hot by the roadside food vendors of Mumbai. Aromatic, tasty and filling, this ragda pattice snack often. Ragda pattice is a flavorful and popular street food of Mumbai, consisting of two parts: ragda, which is a dried yellow pea stew, and pattice, referring to a It is typically served with various chutneys, then topped with papadi and sev.
Ingredients of Mumbai Street Style Ragda Pattice
- You need of Ragda.
- It’s 250 grams of White Peas/Safed Vatana.
- You need 1/2 liter of Water to Soak.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of Water to boil the peas.
- Prepare of Pattice.
- It’s 500 grams of Boiled Potatoes.
- You need 2 of Green Chillies.
- Prepare 1 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Arrowroot/ Corn Flour/ Bread Crumbs.
- You need 2 tsp of Dry Mango Powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Oil (to shallow fry).
- You need As needed of Garlic Chutney.
- It’s As required of Mint Chutney.
- It’s as required of Tamrind Chutney.
- It’s of For garnishing.
- Prepare 2 of large Onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large Tomatoes, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Nylon Sev.
- Prepare as per taste of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Coriander, finely chopped.
Don't miss this super easy Instant Pot Ragda Pattice recipe. This Ragda Pattice recipe tastes just like the ones served by the street food stalls back in Mumbai, India. Ragda Pattice Patties chaat म म बई स प शल रगड प ट स chaat Chole Tikki Chef Ranveer Brar. Mumbai Style Ragda Patties Street food special.
Mumbai Street Style Ragda Pattice instructions
- Soak white peas in hot water for 8-10 hours..
- Strain the water and add peas to a pressure cooker, add 1/2 liter water, salt (as per taste), turmeric powder and keep it to boil..
- Boil it on medium-low flame, around 4-5 whistles. Your Ragda is ready..
- In a bowl add boiled potatoes and smash them..
- Add Ginger Chilli paste..
- Add salt as per taste, dry mango powder..
- Add arrowroot/ corn flour/ bread crumbs and mix well..
- Make pattice of equal size, around 2" diameter..
- Heat the pan on medium-low flame and add oil..
- Add pattice and shallow fry on both the sides..
- Shallow fry until golden brown..
- Before assembling keep your chutneys, chopped onions & tomatoes, coriander ready..
- To assemble, take a bowl or a plate which is not too deep. Add 1/4 cup of ragda and place your pattice (3-4 no's.).
- Cover your pattice with more ragda(1/4 cup).
- Sprinkle chopped onions & tomatoes evenly..
- Add mint, garlic & tamrind chutney according to your taste..
- Sprinkle some dry mango powder, salt & pepper..
- Garnish with some chopped coriander and nylon sev..
- Delicious Street Style Ragda Pattice is ready. Enjoy!.
Popular street food in India, Ragda patties is a dish everyone must try once. A spicy white peas curry served over potato patties and dressed up with sweet and tangy Unlike the kind you would get from a street cart or restaurant, this homemade version is much healthier without compromising on the taste. Mumbai Style Ragda Pattice – Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker. Ragda Pattice is a flavorsome, delightful chaat recipe from the streets of Mumbai/India. Mumbai is known for its culinary culture and this chaat recipe from Mumbai will tantalize your taste buds with its sweet, tangy and spicy flavors!!