Gado Gado / Indonesian style salad with peanut sauce.
Ingredients of Gado Gado / Indonesian style salad with peanut sauce
- Prepare of Peanut sauce:.
- It’s 200 gr of raw peanuts.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1-2 pcs of green/red chili.
- You need 10 gr of chopped onion/garlic (optional).
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 50 ml of water.
- It’s of Boiled Vegetable (any choices such as cabbage, green beans, potatoes, bean sprouts, fried tofu, okra, spinach).
- Prepare of Boiled eggs.
Gado Gado / Indonesian style salad with peanut sauce step by step
- In my case, I use raw peanuts. If you have unsalted roasted peanuts, it is easier. You may skip the pan fried peanuts in oil. In a pan, heat 3 tbsp cooking oil, pan fry the peanuts for 5-8 minutes. Transfer it on the plate with napkin. Let it cool down. Afterward, remove the skin of the peanuts (optional). I do it to reduce the bitterness of the peanuts skin..
- Ground the peanuts with food processor/mortar and pestle. Add little dash of oil, salt, sugar/palm sugar, chili powder, fresh chili..
- Ground it for 1-2 minutes. It is done and you may store it in the fridge..
- When you want to eat it, take 2 tbsp of peanut paste and mix it well with 3-4 tbsp water and 1/4 tsp tamarind paste (optional). Mix it well. You may add water if you like the sauce thinner..
- Other options: in a non-stick pan, heat 1 tsp cooking oil, stir fry chopped onions, add the peanut pastes, tamarind paste, 2 tbsp water. Stir fry it in low heat until the paste a bit thicker..
- Prepare the boiled vegetables, eggs, fried tofu and anything that you love, crackers..
- Pour the peanut sauce on top of boiled vegetables. Enjoy it..
Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Gado Gado / Indonesian style salad with peanut sauce