Indonesian Style Chicken Soup.
You can cook Indonesian Style Chicken Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Style Chicken Soup
- Prepare 1/2 kg of chicken, cut into 6 pieces.
- Prepare 4 of carrots. Peeled and chopped.
- You need 12 of green beans. cut into 3 or 4 depends on the length.
- You need 1 of big potato, cut into quarters and then cut again into 2.
- It’s 1 of tomato, cut into quarters.
- You need 1 stalk of green onion. Cut about 3 cm pieces.
- Prepare 1 stalk of small celery, cut the same way as the green onion.
- You need 2 pieces of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s as needed of Nutmeg, just a bit. Crushed.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
- Prepare as needed of Chicken stock granules.
- It’s as needed of Some crispy fried shallots for topping.
- It’s as needed of Some water.
Indonesian Style Chicken Soup instructions
- Put some water in a pot add the chicken in. Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked and the natural oil from the chicken comes out..
- Throw away the bubbles that come out during simmering. Drain the chicken so the broth is clean. At this point you can use the broth but if you don't like it, you can throw it away and make another broth so it will be cleaner..
- Put the garlic cloves and nutmeg into the chicken, let it simmer again..
- Then put in the potatoes and the carrots. Cook until they are soft enough. Then add the green beans, cook for 5 minutes. Add in the tomato..
- Then add the green onions and celery. Add in the seasonings to your taste. Cook for another 5 minutes or more. Turn off the heat..
- Serve. Good on it's own but as always we eat it with some rice. Don't forget to top it with some fried shallots if you have it. Enjoy..