Ackee and Saltfish Fritters.
Ingredients of Ackee and Saltfish Fritters
- Prepare 2 cup of saltfish (salted cod).
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour (more or less).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 can of ackee (if you want just saltfish fritters just omit this).
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 of Green onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 of Scotch bonnet pepper,minced (more if you like it spicy).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s of salt and pepper (if you removed to much of the salt from the fish).
- You need 2 cup of oil for frying.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves,minced.
Ackee and Saltfish Fritters step by step
- Wash and rinse the saltfish, then boil/cook the salt fish, drain then bring to boil again, cool then continue with the rest of the recipe (this is to mainly cook out all that extra salt).
- Drain and rinse the can of ackee and set aside..
- Using your hands, shred the saltfish in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the ackee and oil and mix to combine..
- Slowly fold in the ackee, trying not to mush it too much (you want some bigger pieces in there).
- Heat the oil in a pan to medium, drop spoonfuls of mixture and fry until golden brown. ENJOY! 😊.