Jerk Chicken on the Barbecue.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken on the Barbecue
- Prepare of Chicken.
- It’s of Honey.
- It’s of Grated onion.
- It’s of cloves' worth Grated garlic.
- You need of lemons' worth Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Jerk chicken seasoning.
Jerk Chicken on the Barbecue instructions
- I bought the seasoning at a store that sells imported foods. Cut off the white fatty part of the chicken thighs and leave them whole. Butterfly the chicken breasts. Put both parts in a plastic bag, add the honey and rub it in..
- Next, rub in the lemon juice, onion and garlic. When it's thoroughly coated, add the seasoning..
- Rub it some more! Let it chill in the fridge from anywhere from one hour to ovenight. Then, all you need to do is barbecue it, or cook it in a frying pan, in the oven, or on a ..
- You can also put the bag of chicken in the freezer after coating it with the seasoning, and defrost it in time to barbecue. It'll be spicy!.
- In Jamaica they use a steel drum made into a kind of grill and steam-cook the chicken. How about trying the following way of cooking it, to simulate the real thing?.
- Soak 1 cup of smoke chips (I used hickory chips) in water for 30 minutes..
- Drain the smoke chips and wrap them up in a double layer of aluminum foil. Leave a hole in the top for steam to escape..
- Put the package of smoke chips on top of the hot charcoal. Lay the chicken skin-side down on the grill. Steam and smoke will rise up as the charcoal burns..
- Cover with a lid, if your barbecue has one. If it doesn't have a lid, cover it with foil..
- It's done. Cutting it up with kitchen scissors seems easiest. Oh my word…it's sooo good!.
- I cooked this one in a frying pan, skin-side down and covered it with a lid halfway through..
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Jerk Chicken on the Barbecue