Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup.
You can cook Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup
- It’s 1 kg of free range chicken.
- Prepare 150 gram of vermicelli, boil till soften. Put a side in cold water, shake the water before serving.
- You need 2 pcs of fresh lime, cut into wedges. Put aside. Use the juice for the dressing on top of the soup before serving.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of chopped spring onion.
- You need 2 of shallots, thinly sliced and fried in vegetable oil until brown.
- You need of Chili paste (sambal) for serving.
- It’s 4 of boiled eggs for serving.
- It’s of For the Paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of white peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of coriander seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 5 of shallots, peeled and halved.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground turmeric.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of finely minced ginger.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s of For the Broth.
- Prepare 2 litre of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 stalks of fresh lemongrass, bruised and tied in a knot.
- Prepare 3 of kefir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt & more to taste.
Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup step by step
- Place chicken in a medium pot with lemongrass, kefir lime leaves, salt and 7 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off any foam and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 45 minutes. Skimming as needed to make a clear broth. Remove chicken pieces from broth and set aside. Remove and discard lemongrass and lime leaves, reserve stock in a pot. When chicken is cool enough, discard skin and bones and shred meat..
- Meanwhile, combine peppercorns, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a small mortar and pestle. Pulse until ground. Add halved shallots, garlic, turmeric and ginger and pulse to a thick paste..
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. When very hot, add spice paste. Stirring until the paste is cooked..
- Add the cooked spice paste to the broth. Add salt to taste. Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat..
- To serve : divide noodles in a serving soup bowls. Add the shredded chicken and boiled egg on top, pour the broth over and sprinkle with chopped spring onions, lime juice and fried shallots..
- Serve immediately while it hot.