My version of Indonesian Nasi Goreng.
You can cook My version of Indonesian Nasi Goreng using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My version of Indonesian Nasi Goreng
- Prepare 3 cups of rice (cooked 1 day ahead) – I use Jasmine Thai rice. Basmati is fine.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sambal paste (see note).
- It’s 4 of spring onions sliced.
- You need 3 of cherries tomato sliced.
- Prepare 2,5 tbsp of Kecap manis – add when needed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Knorr chicken powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil (optional).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of candlenuts grind smoothly (subtitute with cashew) – optional.
My version of Indonesian Nasi Goreng step by step
- Sambal paste recipe is in my cookpad, but this can be replace with: 4 garlic and 3 shalllots, 3 chilly. Mince them all till smooth. If you used candlenut, this need to be grill for about a minute of two before grinding..
- Heat the wok in high heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and cracked the eggs, make a scramble eggs, Put asied the eggs. Now, add the rest of the butter, put the sambal (or mince shallot, garlic and chillies) and candlenuts..
- If you dont use sambal, make sure to stir fry this for at least 10 minutes, till its mix and cooked, we need to keep stirring as it is in high heat, Then put the cold rice mixed well. Put the kecap manis, soya sauce, knorr, salt and white pepper, still in very high heat, keep stirring..
- When its all mixed, taste it. The consistency of the rice should be bit dry with a bit of smokey smells..
- When you are sure all good, Add spring onion and tomatoes, mix and done. Enjoy!.
- Note: if I dont used pickle, I would mix a bit thinly sliced cabbage in my nasi goreng, and slice some cucumber when serving..