Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay.
You can have Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay
- You need 250 g of pork fillet, cut into cubes.
- It’s 75 ml of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal, bruised.
- You need 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- It’s 30 gr of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Grind into a paste :.
- It’s 6 of shallots.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 5 of candlenuts.
- Prepare 2 cm of turmeric.
Sate Babi – Indonesian Pork Satay instructions
- Sauté the paste ingredients and galangal with little oil. Put 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, brown sugar, tamarind, 1 tsp white pepper, salt, chili power, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaf and water. Cook until the sauce becomes rather thick. Take 2 tbsp of the sauce, put into a bowl and set aside (we gonna need this for basting mixture)..
- Cut the meat into cubes, rub with the sauce and put in a bowl. Cover the bowl and marinade in the fridge for 6-8 hours. Remove the meat from the bowl and thread meat cubes onto the skewers..
- Basting Mixture : Mix 2 tbsp of marinade sauce with 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper and melted butter..
- Brush the meat with basting mixture. Grill the satay until the meat color changed, then turn the satay over. Brush again the meat with basting mixture and continue grill the satay until the meat cooked..
- Serve with warm steamed rice and sambal..