Skillet Apple Crisp.
Ingredients of Skillet Apple Crisp
- It’s 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s 3/4 cup of pecans, chopped fine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinammon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 3 lb of Golden Delicious apples, about 7 medium.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinammon.
- It’s 1 cup of apple cider.
- It’s 2 tsp of juice from 1 lemon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Skillet Apple Crisp instructions
- FOR THE TOPPING: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450°F. Combine flour, pecans, oats, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1/4 c. granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter until mixture is thoroughly moistened and crumbly. Set aside while preparing fruit filling..
- FOR THE FILLING: Peel, core, and chop apples into 1/2 inch wedges. Toss apples, 1/4 c. granulated sugar, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon together in large bowl; set aside. Bring cider to simmer in 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Transfer reduced cider to bowl or liquid measuring cup; stir in lemon juice and set aside..
- Heat butter in now-empty skillet over medium heat. When foaming subsides, add apple mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until apples begin to soften and become translucent, 12 to 14 minutes. (Do not fully cook apples.) Remove pan from heat and gently stir in cider mixture until apples are coated. Transfer apples to 9×13 baking dish..
- Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit, breaking up any large chunks. Bake until fruit is tender and topping is deep golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Cool on wire rack until warm, at least 15 minutes, and serve..
Recipe: Perfect Skillet Apple Crisp