Orange Upside Down Cocoa Cake.
Ingredients of Orange Upside Down Cocoa Cake
- Prepare 2 of Oranges.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
Orange Upside Down Cocoa Cake instructions
- Preheat oven at 180ºC/ 350ºF.In a large bowl combine butter, sugar and cocoa and beat until creamy..
- Next add the eggs, one at a time, and last the vanilla essence..
- Gently stir in the flour until well incorporated..
- Next fold in the chopped nuts and the zest of both oranges. (You may substitute nuts with chocolate chips.).
- Line and grease an 8-inch pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar. Next peel and slice the oranges and arrange them on the pan..
- Pour the batter and bake for 30-35 minutes..
- Once you take it out, let it cool for about an hour. Carefully turn it upside down and enjoy!.