Sauerkraut cake ( don't knock it till you try it!). Even the kids want it for their birthday cake. I baked it for one of our family gatherings and now, I get lots of requests for it too. Yes, this cake is made with beets!
Ingredients of Sauerkraut cake ( don't knock it till you try it!)
- You need 1 box of devils food cake or your favorite recipe..
- Prepare 1 box of instant chocolate pudding.
- Prepare 1 of eggs water and oil according to the box or recipe.
- It’s 8 oz of sauerkraut rinsed and squeezed dry.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts chopped small.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of 10 oz package of semi sweet chocolate chips.
This is the way I make it, except I don't use a crock, but pack the shredded cabbage directly into wide-mouth quart jars. Has Your Sauerkraut Fermentation Gone Bad? Three Fermentation Rules and Many Troubleshooting Tips. It can be very unnerving to leave a jar of vegetables on your counter to ferment for weeks on end.
Sauerkraut cake ( don't knock it till you try it!) instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 13×9 in pan.
- mix all ingredients in a bowl..
- Poor in pan.
- Bake 3o- 35 minutes depending on your oven.
- Take out oven and let cool.
- Frost when cool I like using peanut butter frosting..
- Enjoy with a glass of milk..
But don't grab your bleach bottle and try and sterilize your jar and lid trying to kill these mold. I have a recipe for Sauerkraut Chocolate Cake on my blog, which is to.die.for. I know, I know, I can already hear you groaning — people, don't knock it till you've tried it. I love the frosting on it – and I knew that was what would be topping my delicious banana cake. It means don't say criticize something if you have no experience with it.