Home made Mac and cheese.
Ingredients of Home made Mac and cheese
- Prepare 8 ounces of elbow macaroni.
- It’s 4 cups of yellow shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cups of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of all- purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Bread crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Home made Mac and cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lay out and measure out all of your ingredients..
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. When done, drain and rinse off macaroni with cool water..
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly..
- Add 3 cups of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook over low heat until all of the cheese is melted. Stir until the sauce is a little thick..
- Put macaroni in a large, casserole dish and pour the sauce on top. Stir well..
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top of the macaroni..
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan, add breadcrumbs (to your liking), and brown. When done, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of the macaroni..
- Place the macaroni inside the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes..
Recipe: Tasty Home made Mac and cheese