Mediterranean Hummus with Indian Tadka.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Hummus with Indian Tadka
- You need 1 cup of mixed beans, soaked overnight.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts.
- It’s 2 of green chilies.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of pepper powder.
- Prepare of juice of half lime.
- It’s handful of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of yoghurt.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- It’s of few roasted peanuts & pinch of red chilli powder to garnish.
- Prepare pinch of asafoetida.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
Mediterranean Hummus with Indian Tadka instructions
- Pressure cook the mixed beans (lima beans, broad beans, kidney beans & white chickpeas) for 10 minutes on a low flame after the first whistle. Drain and keep aside to cool..
- Blend along with peanuts, garlic, green chilies, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, pepper powder, lime juice and yoghurt into a smooth paste. Add coriander leaves and mix well..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds and cumin seeds. After it stops spluttering, add asafoetida, curry leaves and urad dal..
- Saute for a few seconds and pour this tempering over the hummus. Garnish with roasted peanuts and a pinch of red chilli powder..
- Serve as a dip with veggie crudites or chips. They can also be relished as a spread on bread toast and parathas..
Recipe: Delicious Mediterranean Hummus with Indian Tadka