Sour cream chocolate cake. It will make your mouth happy, anyway you shape it. Mix in the remaining sour cream, followed by the remaining dry ingredients, scraping down the bowl as necessary and mixing until just combined. Rich and tender from the addition of sour cream, and jam-packed with chocolate chips, this coffee cake is loved by all.
Ingredients of Sour cream chocolate cake
- Prepare 3 of squares unsweetened chocolate melted in the microwave or a bain Marie, cooled.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of softened butter or margarine (I have never used margarine for this recipe but it says you can).
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 container (8 oz) of full fat sour cream (the short stack container).
- It’s 1 cup of boiling water.
- It’s of for cocoa frosting :.
- It’s 1 pint of whipping cream (35% heavy cream).
- It’s 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
This Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is the only chocolate cake recipe you will ever need for birthdays and celebrations. Recipe with step-by-step photos And once you have tried this moist chocolate cake with chocolate sour cream frosting, you will understand why it is the most delicious and perfect. Sour cream creates this chocolate cake's extra moist texture and HERSHEY'S Cocoa gives it that extra chocolatey goodness. And it's the HERSHEY'S Cocoa in the fudge frosting that gives this cake its extra kick.
Sour cream chocolate cake step by step
- Melt the chocolate using either method. A bain Marie is the chocolate squares are melted in a bowl fitted over a pan of simmering water. It's important the bowl you have the chocolate in does not come in contact with the water as you don't want to seize the chocolate. When I make this cake I roughly Chop the chocolate and put it in a microwave bowl. Zap for 10 – 15 seconds.. Remove the bowl and stir with a tiny Whisk or spoon. Continue this process until all melted. Remember the melt process continues a little bit with each stir episode. Make sure the chocolate is cooled down but still runny..
- Grease and flour two 9×1 1/2 round cake pans-tap out any excess flour.
- Sift the flour, baking soda & salt onto a piece of wax paper… You're gonna use the wax paper like your scoop.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Beat the butter, sugar & eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternating with sour cream (I do this in three parts) beat well with spoon (or mixer on low.. You just want to make sure it's well mixed and smooth).
- Stir in 1 cup boiling water to the mix… It will be runny but that's fine.. Split the batter between both pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertips. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn into wire racks to cool completely. Split each layer in half crosswise to make 4 layers.
- Fill and frost with whipped cocoa cream.
- To make the frosting put all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and Whip until the frosting is stiff. I have doubled the frosting recipe for the cake before.. You'll just have some leftover.. Nothing wrong with leftover frosting :).
- I have also added at times a good jam (eg. Raspberry jam) between the layers before frosting and turns out well.
Help the kids make the icing and let them help you frost the cake for a fun-filled family. Learn how to make a Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake Recipe! I hope you enjoy this easy Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake! It has the richest chocolaty flavor and is so incredibly moist! Pair those incredible cake layers with a light and fluffy chocolate filling and tangy chocolate sour cream icing and you'll think.