Cantonese Steamed Whole Sea Bass.
Ingredients of Cantonese Steamed Whole Sea Bass
- Prepare of fresh whole sea bass (cleaned).
- It’s of (about 4-5 inches) of ginger (sliced to match sticks).
- Prepare of green onions (sliced to strips).
- Prepare of cilantro (optional, but adds so much flavour).
- It’s of light soy sauce.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- It’s of chinese wine or rice wine.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
- Prepare of pepper to taste.
Cantonese Steamed Whole Sea Bass instructions
- Cut the ginger into match sticks and cut the green onions into strips. Split the ginger into 3 piles and the green onions into 2 piles..
- Clean the fish and pat dry. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over both sides of the fish..
- Put some ginger in the cavity of the fish.
- Using a steam proof plate – place some ginger on it, place the fish on the top, then top it off with the rest of the ginger and one pile of green onions.
- Put some water into your steamer. Turn it on to high heat and wait for the water to boil. After the water has a running boil, reduce the heat to medium. Put the dish into the steamer and cover it. Let it steam for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish..
- While the fish is steaming, start to heat up the soy sauce, wine and oil in a pot. You may want to time this so that the oil is barely smoking to when the fish is done steaming..
- Once the fish is done steaming, take it out. Place the cilantro and the rest of the green onions on top..
- Please be careful with this step – put the hot oil on to the fish and you should hear the green onions sizzle..
- Serve immediately.